Portraits of Biblical Counseling
Discipleship in Action
Have you ever wondered how to lead a friend through struggles with fear, interpersonal conflict, shame, or depression? As Christians, we know God's Word has something to say about these difficult trials. But how do we take what the Bible says and assist others in practically applying it to their lives?
In this series, the staff of Biblical Counseling Center shows you how you can use God's Word practically in helping others with a variety of problems. In a unique “split-screen” format, you will be able to observe both counselor and counselee(s) during largely unedited counseling sessions.
You will see, firsthand, how to gather necessary information, how to present a biblical model of change, and how to use the Bible to make sense of some of the most common problems we face. You will observe how the Bible is a living and active tool, used by the Lord, to promote change in Christians' thinking and behavior. Some common questions about the practice of biblical counseling also will be addressed at the conclusion of the sessions. By watching these actual sessions you will gain a greater appreciation of how you can disciple others in tough times.
- Session #1: Getting Started (Getting Acquainted with Someone)
- Session #2: Promoting Harmony in Marriage (Attitudes and Rules to Prevent Conflict)
- Session #3: Basic Rules of Biblical Communication (Choosing the Right Words)
- Session #4: Fearing God More than People (Fear)
- Session #5: How God Defines Guilt (Guilt & Shame)
- Session #6: How God Views Us (Our Identity in Christ)
- Session #7: God in the Midst of Turmoil (Depression)
- Session #8: Worried About Weight (Anxiety & Anorexia)
- Session #9: Overcoming Anxious Thoughts (Anxiety)
- Session #10: What Worry Reveals About Us (Anxiety)
You may instead sign up for our preferred eLearning service here instead to save on shipping costs using the Internet to stream all of your videos and resources.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP