The 10 Session Challenge is designed for couples to grow and change within their marriage under the guidance of an experienced, caring counselor.
Since 1989, God has restored thousands of hurting marriages within the walls of BCC. The passion of our ministry is to help hurting and distant couples rebuild their marriage and find peace and joy again. You should know that practical steps will be offered in the very first session from a Christian perspective. Even though every relationship and counseling process differs, each challenge will utilize an assessment tool biblical application assignment or individual reflection exercise to help your marriage grow stronger.
Marriage Counseling at BCC will work to systematically and intentionally address the following areas:
1. Hearing your Story -“To answer before listening – that is folly and shame. “Proverbs 1813 – Each person brings an individual set of cultural personal, and spiritual characteristics into a marriage relationship. These differences can be assets if they are identified and addressed. In the beginning sessions, we will take the time to hear your story so we can help you.
2. Genuine Understanding of Your Spouse – “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives” 1 Peter 3:7 – In order to truly love another, you must know them. How genuinely interested are you in understanding your spouse’s aspirations, dreams, preferences? Interestingly the biblical term for sexual intimacy is to “know.”
3. Honor & Respect for Your Spouse – “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves: Romans 12:10 – Simple exercises can fan the flames of love that has been neglected or taken for granted Remembering and celebrating the positive attributes of your spouse can remind you of the reasons God brought them into your life.
4. Small Moments with Your Spouse. “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much” Luke 16:10 – True romantic, passionate intimacy – even lasting friendship, is built upon small gestures that allow the other to feel safe, secure, and accepted.
5. Embracing the 5″S” Leadership Model– Many marriages are weighed down with the tension of being a servant versus being selfish This tension affects all the decisions a couple has to make. What is healthy and what does God desire? We’ll help you figure that out.
6. Learning Effective, Biblical Communication – Men who allow their wives to voice their needs and perspective have happier marriages and are less likely to divorce. Also, wives who overcome their critical spirit find it breathes life into both their husbands and themselves. By celebrating the ‘one-ness’ of marriage, both spouses can fulfill their God-given roles without strife.
7. Addressing Hot Button Topics – “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God: Mark 10:27 – Money In-Laws, Sexual Intimacy, Work Stress, Children and Family Planning; these are topics that can discourage communication and inevitably rule our thoughts when the marriage is struggling. Sometimes there appears to be no way to discuss, let alone remedy these issues. Experienced Counselors will help guide you into wise solutions based upon the guidance and heart of God.
The ten-session marriage counseling package is provided to couples for $675. Faithful friends have given to this ministry so we can offer this challenge at a discounted rate to you. Schedule your appointment here or contact us to purchase the 10 Session Challenge.
Watch to hear how one couple’s marriage was restored.
Common Issues for Counseling
- Marital Struggles
- Sexual Brokenness
- Family Conflict