Restore Hope–this is the theme of the 1st Annual Chicago Biblical Counseling Conference on April 29.
Hosted by Biblical Counseling Center, this biblical counseling conference equips and encourages attendees to restore hope to the hurting in your church and community. The conference is geared toward all church leaders, from pastors and care ministers, to Sunday school teachers and small group leaders, and anyone who is interested.
Main Conference Speakers
Our main speakers are Dr. Paul Tautges and Pastor Alan Benson.
Pastor Tautges serves as senior pastor at Cornerstone Community Church. He is the author of many books, including Counseling One Another, Brass Heavens, and Comfort the Grieving, and blogs at blogs regularly at Counseling One Another. Paul also is a Fellow with ACBC (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors).
He and his wife, Karen, are the parents of ten children (three married) and have four grandchildren.
Pastor Benson is the senior pastor at Bethel Baptist Church, where Biblical Counseling Center has one of its four Chicagoland offices. (A fifth office is in South Carolina.) He Master of Divinity degree from Louisiana Baptist Theological Seminary and is pursuing his Doctor of Ministry degree. He has served in pastoral roles including youth pastor, church planter, and senior pastor.
Alan has a passion for the expository preaching and teaching of God’s Word and constantly seeks to have a Biblical philosophy drive his approach to local church ministry. He and his wife, Michelle, have four daughters.
WHEN: Saturday, April 29, 2017, from 9AM to 3:15PM
WHERE: BCC’s Schaumburg site at Bethel Church. Address: Bethel Baptist Church, 200 N Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL, 17 miles from O’Hare International Airport.
COST: $25 per person, $15 per student ~ lunch is included in cost when you register in advance.
To register, click: REGISTER NOW
9:00-10:00 Main Session #1: Dr. Paul Tautges
10:15-11:45 Elective #1
12:30-1:30 Main Session #2: Pastor Alan Benson
1:45-3:15 Elective #2
These tracks run in both the morning and afternoon, except Basics of Biblical Counseling which is in the morning only. All include handouts and other resources.
- Hope for the Divorced: Presented by Dr. Donna Hart and Don Hart, this elective brings hope to people affected by divorce. Learn how to biblically counsel those pained by divorce.
- Marital Unity: Learn how to help hurting couples thrive. Sharing their own story, Mark and Jody Cantey will bring biblical hope and practical help.
- Recovery: Pastor Brandon Lowery will help you help others gain victory over life-dominating struggles, including addiction.
- Adoptive Families: Sherry Allchin and Lucy Ann Moll bring hope to adoptive parents facing challenges as they share biblical truth with love and care. Lucy is an adoptive mom of three, and Sherry is an adoptive grandmother. Both have ministered to birth mothers.
- Grieving: Find out how to care for the suffering and move them toward God’s healing, as Pastor Doug McDaniel and Carol Wright share from the heart.
- Basics of Biblical Counseling: This introduction of biblical counseling and covers the fundamentals of philosophy and procedures as well as why it belongs in the church. Taught by Dr. Ron Allchin, ACBC Fellow, and Pastor Jack Lezza, attendees will be encouraged to take their learning to the next level.
Special Conference Option
Are you interested in launching a biblical counseling ministry at your church? Please sign up for Basics of Biblical Counseing elective in the morning, and in the afternoon join BCC Executive Director Timothy Allchin, D.Min., for LAUNCH. In this interactive session, you’ll learn how to begin the process of starting a counseling ministry and you’ll receive tools too. Click here to learn more about LAUNCH.