- It’s the husband who leaves it all behind to pursue the supposed greener pastures of adultery.
- It’s the young man in a good job who suddenly crashes and burns because of an addiction that takes control.
- It’s the woman who cracks under pressure and becomes overtaken by self-injury or an eating disorder.
Whoever gets sense loves his own soul,he who keeps understanding will discover good. Proverbs 19:8 ESV
How Wisdom Helps You
- I don’t have any wise friends.
- I don’t agree with my wise friends.
- I think I should probably do what they suggest.
2 Distinctions of a Wise Friend
Did you know wise friends increase your chances of success? A wise friends are the kind of friend
We are fools when we go at major decision in life alone. Wise people seek the input of trusted friends. Wise friends increase our perspectives.Wise friends protect us from suffering harm.
Whoever walks with the wise becomeswise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. Proverbs 13:12
- A woman who thinks she can tame her hot-headed boyfriend.
- The man who continually seeks to make a quick buck on get-rich-quick schemes.
- The teen who figures he can party all the time,and his choice won’t affect him.
A man or woman with many Facebook friends may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer to a brother. That friend is the one who speaks for God into our life. . . .he or she is the one who represents Christ in our life. It is the one who reminds us of the need for the cross. It is the one who reminds us of the good news of the gospel when we are down. It is the friend who corrects us when we are thinking incorrectly. It is the friend who will push into our stubbornness and help us get moving again.
How to Find and Keep a Wise Friend
If you are a grump, realize again the good news of the gospel. Take joy in it. Live out that joy in your friendships.
2. Choose to be forgiving.
It is very important that we are wise with our words. What, how, and when we speak the truth all
Deep friendship takes a commitment over the long haul. You can’t easily move to the next stage
Evaluate your friendships. Expand your friendships. Ask God for wisdom.